Association of Writing Programs (AAWP) / Australian Short Story Festival
(ASSF) short story prize invites entries to the 2017 competition. Prize:
—a ticket to the Australian Short Story Festival (ASSF)
3-5 November 2017 (Adelaide), accommodation for the duration of the festival (maximum
value $500) and return economy airfares (maximum value $500).
—a one-year annual membership to the Australasian Association of Writing
Programs (AAWP) and fully subsidised conference fees to attend the annual
conference of the AAWP, where you are invited to read from your work. The editors
at Meniscus will consider your work
for publication. Conditions of entry:
1. This competition is open to emerging writers across
Australia. Emerging writers will not have a full-length, single-authored, commercially
published, print publication in any genre. Emerging writers who have published
in electronic format only, or who have published work in collections showcasing
multiple authors, are eligible.
2. The Prize opens on the 15 May 2017 and closes at
midnight on 30 July 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted. The winner
will be announced on the AAWP website and the ASSF website no later than 1
3. Entries should not exceed 3000 words.
4. The entry should be formatted as follows — line
spacing: 1.5, font size: 12 point, font: Times New Roman.
5. You may enter as many times as you wish. Subsequent
entries incur a separate fee.
6. Any entries that do not follow the rules will be
disqualified. If an entry is disqualified no refund will be given.
7. Entries may not be altered after they have been
8. The AAWP/ASSF reserves the right to disqualify any
entry that breaches the rules.
9. The judges' verdict is final. No correspondence or
10. The award is for unpublished writing, including